Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Fall Weather is Here!


Whew! I've been fighting closing the windows in my house ... but it was getting so cold I couldn't hardly type at night. Haha. I've been working hard on some new, eccentric designs - they should be up in my shop soon. Everything from large picture frame necklaces to flower pot rings. :) I've also recently purchased a collage cd from piddix ( www.piddix.etsy.com ) I've bought from her shop before and always loved what I received - but this cd is OVERWHELMING. It has so many images in different sizes and I dove right in last week - printing everything I thought I could use. I will soon have Christmas themed (Victorian Santa's, Real Snowflake Images, Etc.) up soon. I also have some great tree images and Surrealist tree painting pendants curing now. :)

I've also just started making beaded glass bracelets and watches - and I already have orders coming in from friends and family. Check them out here - http://tinyurl.com/y98roz9


As for me and my blog - I've been slacking, I know. It's the beginning of Fall - and I'm trying to do as much outside as I can before Winter. I went to the last of my outdoor concerts for the year (Kings of Leon - AMAZING) for my friend Chelsea's Birthday. You can see from the picture we were pretty happy - even for standing in the rain and mud all night. :) I'm also trying to plan a trip to go hiking at Turkey Run with my boyfriend this week, we'll see if his SWAT team stuff doesn't get in the way of that....

I've been thinking a lot about what I'm going to do when it gets too cold outside to take pictures of my jewelry. I've been taking pictures on my back deck because I liked the way the wood grain looked behind my pieces. I'm a member of My Craft Corner ( http://www.mycraftcorner.com/profile/SeizeTheNight ) and I recently posted a question about light boxes in the group I created - Jewelry Artisans. Inner Muse Jewelry reminded me of needed a camera with a great macro setting - mine currently does not. And Beadnik posted a great link to a the most inexpensive light box tutorial I've ever seen - http://grumblebeedesigns.blogspot.com - I'll be working on that this week...

And last but certainly not least - Another member of My Craft Corner (and a fellow Hoosier) is having a blog giveaway starting on October 1st. Go to her blog and read more! :)

http://thecraftytortoise.blogspot.com

Loves. Sarah :)

No comments:

Post a Comment