Monday, October 12, 2009

Charity Is Good For the Soul...


Last Thursday was the Knoll RJE Charity Event for the Little Red Door Cancer Society. It is the second year I participated - and I always enjoy myself. I first heard about the event because Nancy Wright, who works for Knoll, was also a professor of mine at IUPUI. It was a little weird being there this year totally on the craft side, pretty much knowing that I wouldn't be headed down the Interior Design route in my life. I love what I'm doing now though, and I hope this Christmas turns out to be my biggest yet. This is my first Christmas Season as a bonefide business owner - with all my time and effort put into Seize The Night - so I hope things go well. :)


I'm working on some great Christmas ideas - but before I reveal them - I want to show my new pride and joy for Fall - REAL PINE CONES dipped in GOLD AND STERLING SILVER - They are awesome and I'm really going to have to make one for myself. :) I've paired them with Swarovski Crystals (which I know have in EVERY birthstone) on sterling and gold plated chain.


So excited! And they make a great UNIQUE gift! :)


And - I can't NOT share with you some of the other great people and products I found at the Knoll Event. I had to buy a bag from ECOBillboard Bags for my little sister. They make the most amazing bags, purses, clutches, etc out of real used vinyl billboards that were up around Indianapolis.
I love getting my sister one of a kind presents - as everyone should. BUY HANDMADE! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment